With recurrent campaigns you will be able to send automatic proactive notifications when a certain action occurs, for example, if a customer is about to run out of credit on their mobile or abandons the shopping cart in an e-commerce store.
The difference with respect to One-time campaigns is that we do not load the audience, but instead you will obtain a Json code (Curl) that your technical team must use connected to our Engage API and thus automatically detect who is responsible for sending the message.
To start a recurrent campaign, follow these steps:
1-Through the MyAivo platform, click on the 'Engage' option within the drop-down menu that is enabled by clicking on "Go to" located at the top right of the screen:
3- On the screen that appears, click on create a new campaign and select the 'Recurrent' option.
4-Fill in the requested fields to create the campaign:
- Campaign name. It is important to remember that campaign names cannot be repeated. The platform will not allow you to save a repeated name anyway.
- From: Number from which we will send the shipment. The numbers you have active will be listed for you to select.
- Template: You must select the template to use from your list of approved templates, and you will see the example of the chosen model on the right side.
5-When the selection is complete, click the 'Create' button
6-Once the campaign is created, it will give us access to the steps to follow to finish the process.
7-When accessing the Documentation item, we will find
- The name of our campaign.
- The visual of the chosen template model.
- The steps to follow for the effective shipment:
- Copy the Curl for your tech team to get a Bearer token.
- Copy the Curl so that your technical team agrees to make the requests to our API and the messages are sent.
If you did not copy the Curls as soon as you finished the creation of the campaign by accessing the documentation item, there is NO problem, since you can do it from the list of recurring campaigns on the right side of the space where the name of the campaign is registered.
If you want to deactivate the campaign, your technical area must remove the Curl code with which you activated the campaign from the space where the information is being collected.
To see how to track the campaign, you can see Recurrent campaign monitoring.